White Feathers Directive (Audioplay complete )

Open Forums for you comments
admin
Kami-nii-sama

White Feathers Directive (Audioplay complete )

Post by admin » Tue 03 Jan 2012 20:19

This is the place to praise the >> WFD audio drama <<
The voice actors, sound and story design.

Guest posts are enabled.

"The White Feathers Directive" is a 13 epsiode anime-esque Audio Drama. Even though the original story writing (post-by-post forum RPG) was spontanous an never planned in any way, it magically became a pretty consitent and enthralling plot :smile: Production however was several times excessively delayed.
Yet, despite obstacles and compromises, I was able to finish this project. :thumbs_up:

Thanks to all the voice actors who voluntered and helped me, to make this project happen!
Last edited by Jo' on Sun 03 Nov 2019 00:23, edited 136 times in total.

Guest Jo'

Re: Thw White Feathers Directive - Worship Temple

Post by Guest Jo' » Tue 03 Jan 2012 20:27

:starfish: I might be biassed, but I happen to like it.

@onion22@

@onion14@ Character art by Martin 'Omura-sensei' Perks aka Rogue Angel

Martin Perks

Re: Audioplay: White Feathers Directive - Worship Temple

Post by Martin Perks » Tue 17 Jan 2012 14:31

I'm loving how it's coming together! Sounding really great, everyone on the cast is doing a great job. Looking forward to the next episode! :sweeeet:

I see above it's common knowledge Omura-Sensei is a demon, and here I was trying to make the poster ambiguous lmao XD.

Jo'
Not nice desü

Post by Jo' » Sun 29 Jan 2012 12:23

Martin Perks wrote:I see above it's common knowledge Omura-Sensei is a demon, and here I was trying to make the poster ambiguous lmao XD.
Well, you are right, I was debating with myself as if to list him as a Demon or not, but our listening crowd is yet small, and i doubt that many will read here too closely.

Apart from that, Omura has very few 'screen time' before he reveals himself. So creating expectations in the listener might be not a bad idea either.

BTW a re-cast call for Futaba is out.

Anarnee

Post by Anarnee » Thu 03 May 2012 22:32

:D This is really a lovely play!

I was a bit shocked by how dark Directive seems to the original, but its not a bad thing. I'm loving how everything is coming together.

Keep up the great work.

BTW... D: THE SPOILERS HERE I READ THEM! XDDDDD OMG

Jo'
Not nice desü

Post by Jo' » Fri 22 Jun 2012 18:44

@Anarnee - :ashamed: NO! Don't read the spoilers! Thank you, glad you like it. We are getting back on track again.

Though apparently they don't have the internetz in Korea. *glares at you know who!*
:droh:

Jo'
Not nice desü

Re: Guestbook - Audioplay: White Feathers Directive

Post by Jo' » Sat 29 Nov 2014 15:42

I have re-arranged the numbering and length of episodes. In other words short 6 minutes "parts" are now put together to 12 minutes episodes. I.e. we are now producing episode 5 (ex parts 9+10).

Furthermore I am now writing out all scripts till the end of this dramatic story. I also sending out more scripts to the participating voice actors. Some have already sent in all their remaining lines. This should finally speed up production tremendously, alowing me soon to release a lot of episodes in much shorter succession!

:thumbs_up: Thank you all.

Though it's an audio drama I'll upload for some peoples convenience and reaching a broader audience on youtube.

Share and enjoy!

Jo'
Not nice desü

Post by Jo' » Sun 10 May 2015 19:42

I finally released episode 5 "Oh Shit!". Admittedly, this time I let myself being overly disappointed by yet another let down of a voice actor. The major was to be replaced by someone who by a magic stroke of luck sounded almost like the former Major played by Bob Welkin who decided to lay down this role due to health reasons. Thank you for your contributions. I used the demo recordings of agonylord52 and filled the Major's role in one scene myself in order to getting this episode finished.

After the first episodes were rather anime-ish comedy, from this episode on the plot is becoming more serious and sinister...

Enjoy and leave comments!

Jo'
Not nice desü

Post by Jo' » Sun 27 Dec 2015 11:34

After a long phase of casting some roles new, episode 6 finally has been completed. The number of actors who actually sent in all their lines is increasing! Hopefully I'll have everything complete by February '16 and can finish the entire project next year! :thumbs_up:

Jo'
Not nice desü

Beep bap boh...!

Post by Jo' » Tue 29 Dec 2015 17:20

On this occasion I redesigned the WFD web page. HTML5 and CSS3 all the way. Just love da flexbox and border-radius :sweeeet:

Some comments about the latest episode 6:

# I played around with "action music" during the battle or the wood scenes, but it covered a lot of sound effects which I'd put a lot of effort into - so I decided to do without BGM. Take e.g. the scene when Omura "leaves" Nanoka in mid-air... music would completely destroy the eerie mood it conveys.

# Futaba (Brittany) keeps cracking me up when she is prattling away the way she does... Sadly the intended attraction between her and Major Ito didn't go any further in the role play.

# Nanoka (kuroi-alexielfx3) had it difficult starting off her role (at ep6) with only screaming and moaning. She did a pretty good job.

# I wish I had more growling voice effects for Sato (Jack Cox), but he still does a good job at portraying this weird demonic teacher.

# Omura (Martin Perks) really shines in this episode. The many action sounds made it easy, to move him around during the battle. i am also happy to read that you are in better again :thumbs_up:

# Angel Makie (Karen) is just awesome as always :angel:

# Soldier (Callum Janes) screams the awesomeness out of his death :shifty: