Ren'py - Renai Adventure Engine and Free VNs

Talk about your favourite computer and console games, Japanese or otherwise.
Jo'
Not nice desü

Ren'py - Renai Adventure Engine and Free VNs

Post by Jo' » Fri 04 Feb 2011 16:43

Posted: 29/05/2009 12:36

A while ago Darkling showed me the Ren'py engine, over the years there have piled up a considerable amount of quite good VNs, KNs and other Renai type of games. Work on mine still go very slowly, but there is a list of about all "games" known to be made with Ren'py. Most are in English, some Italian, German, French, Russian and Czech etc. Some are "Hentai" (18+). Some are even educational.

http://games.renpy.org/
Last edited by Jo' on Fri 04 Feb 2011 16:45, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated link

Darkling
Kana's Oniichan

Post by Darkling » Mon 07 Feb 2011 08:40

Sheesh, how long has it been since I thought about Ren'py? Have you been making any progress with your Ren'py projects, Jo'?

Jo'
Not nice desü

Re: Ren'py - Renai Adventure Engine and Free VNs

Post by Jo' » Mon 07 Feb 2011 11:15

A little. I am holding back presenting "WIP" on the LSF, because a couple of things are missing. PyTom is updating renpy practically every 3 or 4 months and I kept adjusting my code or trying out new things now possible...
And then I slacked off :angel:

Basically I have two projects: Special Agent Nicobi - point and click adventure style with chibi, and Kassiopeia - heavily interactive VN, German voices, partly translated subs into english

And I am doing extensive sound/atmo design for mikey's "Aurora Fall", teh longest VN eva :starfish: