General random discussion

Darkling
Kana's Oniichan

General random discussion

Post by Darkling » Mon 07 Feb 2011 12:02

Here's a thread to talk about whatever comes to mind. I'll go first. =)

I was surprised last night to find out that there's a celebrity (more or less) named Aiko Hasegawa - she apparently plays the koto or something and has a CD out.

I recently finished playing Ghost Trick on the DS. It's from Shu Takumi, the designer of the Phoenix Wright games, and you can sort of tell - it has flamboyant, larger-than-life characters and a layered mystery plot.

Jo'
Not nice desü

Re: General random discussion

Post by Jo' » Sun 30 Oct 2011 11:59

After reading some of kaichou-wa-maid-sama I am wondering about how much a single simple pupil on behalf of being the class/school 'prez' is allowed to do in a school in Japan?

She threatens classmates and other pupils about how to dress, walk, what is allowed to bring to school to read, how to talk, what do to on festivities etc...

Esp. as not a single teacher, director is displayed ion that manga I find it hard to believe that a pupil has permission to act in such ways.

Is there such a thing as a 'president' in Japanese schools to begin with?

Bookworm
Preacher of KANAism

Re: General random discussion

Post by Bookworm » Mon 31 Oct 2011 18:24

Of course my knowledge is mainly just based on the manga I read about school life in Japan, but it looks like schools over there indeed try to train the children in self-government, wherever that's possible. So it would be no surprise if there were some children who tend to use the opportunity to order others around, when they've been elected to some official function in the students' body.

Just like Yui in To-Love-ru, annoying the others with her constant complaints as a member of the disciplinary committee; or Ako and Riko in Kiss X Sis, abusing their official powers as students body president and chairwoman of the disciplinary committee to create opportunities to make out with Keita.